Punch Index To Go

3.5 x 2.5 cards for punches



I needed a way to organize my punches so that I could take it along shopping.

I punch a new punch onto 3.5x2.5 (the size of an ATC), label it with a clear printed label, slip it into a baseball card sleeve and attach it to the ring.  The clear label that I used is Avery 8667.  Avery has a free program to download that is actually quite good.  You can set it up and make your own templates and save your work.

This set up is a good way of testing a punch size for sentiments or stamp images to see if they will fit with that particular punch.  Just place the punch out over the image that you want to use.

I am thinking of doing a similar project for my PTI dies.  I will choose a size paper to accomodate the largest die cut and use it to punch out the item.  With this I can check the die cut size to work with images or sentiments that are not PTI.  A plus is that I will have all the die cuts that I make from doing this.

Cutting the 3.5 x 2.5 cardstock
Use a 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock
On the 8.5 side make the first cut at 3.5.  Cut the 5" that are left at 2.5.
Take the 3.5 x 11 piece and cut in at 2.5
Take the 2.5 x 11 pieces and cut them at 3.5.  
There will be very little waste with this method.

I haven't done one for the PTI dies but will post when I have it done.
I love to organize my "stuff" and play with my toys so this is a bonus project.
Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.
Label on cardstock
I also us these cards to index my punches

0 comments:

Post a Comment